Monday, October 17, 2011

:: SIAKAP STIM LIMAU ::

Dear All... Hi I am back after a delightful weekend :) My apologies for not being able to update my blog over the weekend due to my PC fully occupied with my kids playing computer games and my husband doing his job. Plus.. my youngest baby girl was down with fever and clingy all the time..huhu...

So in this post I am not going to give a review but I want to share my cook... my recipe... :) Yesterday, while having our breakfast at McDonalds Senai Airport, I asked my husband what he wants for lunch. Having him for weekend nowadays is pretty difficult since he will be at his mom's house almost every weekend :( I remember a big Seabass (or is it Ruby Snapper? ..geng... Siakap in English apa ek?) rest-in-peace in my big large FreezerMate (ecewah... iklan Tupperware!)... so I asked him whether he wants Siakap Sweet Sour or Siakap Kukus... and he decides to have Siakap Kukus... well... easier for me... healthier choice and me lovin' it also :)

My philosophy of cooking is - Make It Simple. Simple in every way. FYI, I am not a fussy type of woman..far from being a perfectionist! I knew there is a type of people who will be looking for ingredient to cook sampai ke akar umbi... but I just not that kind of people. For me ~ always look for alternative. Cooking is all about creativity. For example, I don't have lime leaves to cook my fish but I use a lot of lime (limau sambal) as an alternative. I can cook Lasagne without bechamel sauce because I used ******** as a subsitution :) and my family loved it... So, enough talking... let me share the photos and recipe ;)


my steamed fish before cook

SIAKAP STIM LIMAU

Ikan Siakap - depend on how large the size is, the size of your steamer...in my case, I cut the fish into 3, make another portion for dinner

Ingredient for Marinate:

Onion - large one, red or yellow will do - coarsely slice
Garlic - slice thinly
Ginger - slice thinly - I put quite a lot because I don't like the fishy smell..huhu..
Bird-eye chilli - slice thinly
Limau Sambal - cut into 8
Oyster Sauce
Fish Sauce
-------

For garnish:
Chinese Celery a.k.a daun sup -coarsely cut
Tomato - cut into small pieces
Red Bell Pepper - thinly slice

Marinate the fish with with the ingredients above.

I put the marinated fish inside the fridge for half an hour before steam it. Ouh, I actually made 2 sets.. one for our dinner last night. Well, you may do the same because steamed fish taste great while steaming hot and I just can't take it when it gets cold :(

Just before I place the fish inside the steamer (I used an electric Morphy Richard steamer), garnish the fish with all the garnishing (except chinese celery which I spread on top before serving)

Steam for 20 minutes...and tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................!!!

Siakap Stim Limau Eycha

p/s - i didn't add salt our msg to my cooking because oyster sauce and fish sauce have done a brilliant job as a flavouring :-)

Tryla yer kalau sudi...hehehe....:D

No comments:

Post a Comment